Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Surfphony of Derstruction 2000: The Lost Tapes

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FINKS! OR ... Happy Holidays, whatever floats yer boat. Frankly, I DON'T CARE I'm only here to spread some holiday cheer with some VINTAGE Surfphony of Derstruction 2000! And I'm not just talking about old episodes from my times on CJAM 99.1 FM! NO, I got something reaaaaal special for ya... This is the Surfphony of Derstruction 2000: THE LOST TAPES!


PLAYLIST

Mr Gasser and The Weirdos - Well, I'm Goin'
Surfmen - Paradise Cove
The Revels - Commanche
Les Brown - Surfin' and Swinging
The Emperors - The Breeze and I
Takeshi Terauchi - Ghostriders in The Sky
The New Dimensions - Phantom Skier
The Pyramids - Pressure
The Vibrants - Wild Fire
Huevos Rancheros - Secret Recipe
Eddie and The Showmen - Scratch
Mark Brodie and The Beaver Patrol - Jezebel
The Tornadoes - The Tornado
Los Straitjackets - Hornet's Nest
Von Drats - So Long Stinktown
Jon and The Nightriders - Depth Charge
The Reverb Syndicate - Last Train to Death Valley Junction
Tijuana Bibles - custom Made Man
The Crusaders - One Eyed Bikini Monster
The Trashwomen - Aphrodesia
The Heatscore - Sunset Flip

This episode comes from back in 2011 after I had left CJAM. A couple of months after I graduated and left the Windsor, I took a shot at putting together a new Surfphony podcast that could also be played on CJAM weekly. My plan was to get a couple of episodes complete then send them over to CJAM and continue making episodes. It didn't come to fruition as it turned out making 1 hour podcasts once a week was pretty tough. Now, the Big Derboski is going to confide in ya so I hope I can trust ya... Haha, it's all good! OK, to be blunt, I wasn't quite happy with these episodes and just didn't feel like they really lived up to my expectations. I haven't touched them since I made them but they're cool to listen to and see where a few ideas came from and to look at the evolution between live on CJAM 99.1 FM and not quite live but still alive here on the Surfphony of Derstruction 2000!

THAT'S MY LITTLE PRESENT TO YA! T'IS THE SEASON FOR SURFIN' YA DIG?!

No comments:

Post a Comment