Friday, October 18, 2013

SURFPHONY OF DERSTRUCTION B000... BACK FROM THE DEAD

GOOD EVENING!

October is here and that means Halloween is coming back to haunt us again! In the spirit of the haunting holiday, Derk Brigante has given me the keys to the Surfphony of Derstruction 2000 and asked that I do what he does each month... bring to you a top-notch episode of the Big Surf on the full moon! Look up and listen up! I see a full moon in the sky and I hear the wolfman howling like there's no tomorrow! I think that means it's time to rise from the grave...


THE SURFPHONY OF DERSTRUCTION BOO-THOUSAND IS ALIVE ONCE AGAIN! OH HA HA HA HA!!!



It is so good to be back! Spending all this time in my coffin has made me a little stiff! Ah ah ah! Of course, nothing will stop me from throwing a big ol' monster mash. It's my favorite time of the year and I invite you to join me on the Surfphony of Derstruction BOO-THOUSAND. It doesn't matter if you are dead or alive, all manners of monsters are welcome to join!

 I advise you to sit down when listening to my eerie episode, you might faint due to fright! I kid, I kid, ah ah ah... I want you to enjoy yourself, have a good time! Don't mind Frankie, he's a big lug but he's got a big heart. Trust me, I'm friends with the doctor and you should see the organ he got for Frankie! I digress though, let us take a look at the spooky surf I summoned for you!


Mark Brodie & Beaver Patrol - Phantom Wave
Morgus & The Daringers - Morgus Creep
Fifty Foot Combo - Evil Walks In
Link Wray - The Shadow Knows
Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet - Shake Some Evil
The Magics - Zombie Walk
The Cramps - Zombie Dance
King Beez - Spider Woman
The Stomach Mouths - Valley Surf Stomp
The Astronuts - Montezuma
The Deadly Ones - It's Monster Surfing Time
The Bobby Fuller Four - Wolfman
Round Robin - I'm The Wolfman
The Blue Demons - Wolfman
Born Losers - Werewolves on Wheels
Southern Culture on The Skids - Werewolf
The Madmen - Haunted
Claudine Clark - Walking Through a Cemetary
The Weirdos - E.S.P.
The Last Word - Sleepy Hollow
The Surfdusters - Haunted Surf
Blue Hawaiians - Experiment in Terror

That's one hefty playlist! Satan told me he was pretty impressed which is a helluva compliment! Ah ah ah! Let me share with you one of my favorite tracks from the party!

Morgus & The Daringers - Morgus Creep


Derk said that I must post this instrumental cover of the Ghostbusters theme song because Ghostbusters is one of his favorite movies and that he would kill me if I didn't... WELL DERK YOU CAN'T KILL WHAT IS ALREADY DEAD AH AH AH!

Such an exciting episode! I'm glad the full moon is out before Halloween comes a-haunting so you have more time to enjoy my nightmare mash! Thank you for coming out to the Surfphony of Derstruction... BOO THOUSAND! I hope you enjoyed yourself and that none of the spooks gave you a hard time! It would be so nice to see you again... Maybe next October ah ah ah! For now, I am dead tired and need some rest! Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta get a few small details out of the way...

    Big thanks to the following folks for creating some great sounds that I used to put together this show...

    MAJ061785's "glass clinking"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/MAJ061785/sounds/85549/

    FreqMan's "Party Sounds"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/FreqMan/sounds/23153/

    docquesting's "Crowd Noise 4"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/docquesting/sounds/180930/

    Erdie's "pub-reverb"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/Erdie/sounds/165612/

    mlteenie's "Club Chatter, London"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/mlteenie/sounds/152874/

    joly1's "cocktail amb DEF_}"
    http://www.freesound.org/people/joly1/sounds/88653/

    SpookySoundtrack.com for providing hella great halloween sounds!

    BIG THANX to my roommate Stan for taking my pic.

    ReplyDelete