Saturday, May 25, 2013

SURFPHONY OF DERSTRUCTION 2000 EPISODE 5: GREAT LAKES SURF BATTLE

WHAAAAAAAAAT'S THE HAPS, FINKS?!

Let me tell you what's happening! it's THE GREAT LAKES SURF BAAAAAAAATTLE!!! May 31st, June 1st and June 2nd, that's NEXT WEEKEND The Great Lakes Surf Battle will commence and it's gonna be an all out SURF WAR!!! WOOOOOOO! And to get you fired up for this great series of events, The Surfphony of Derstruction brings you a mix of this years contenders as well as a few past entries! HERE YA GO FINKS DIG IN!



TOO SWEET! HERE'S A PLAYLIST FOR YA!

 Set 1
King Beez - Deathproof
The Lorrainas - Rectified
The Z-Rays - Number Nine
The Von Drats - So Long Stinktown

Set 2
Los Oxidados - Clap Clap Clap! (Surf Learning)
The Blue Demons - Nice Tits
The Robots - Stinky Juliens
The Dead Beat - Ebb Tide

Set 3
The Reverb Syndicate - Return of The Angry Gentlemen
Luau or Die - A Narrow Escape
The Eradicators - Friends & Enemies
The High Tides - Los Muertos

Click on the links to reach the band's Facebook page! Show some love for these great bands!

Now if you were to ask me who's gonna be MVP of The Great Lakes Surf Battle then I would say yer puttin' spot! If I were to answer though, I would say... THE ROBOTS! I saw The Robots play their first show in several years a couple of weeks ago at The Thirsty Monk in Oshawa and GEEZE LOUISE these guys were a wreckin' crew! They sounded solid! Not to discount the rest of the bands, though. This is going to be a 5-Star Surf Battle and you owe to yourself to make it out to one of the shows. If you want to catch The Robots, come out Saturday night to Cadillac Lounge!


Also I implore you to come out to this show  at Graffiti's on Saturday!


I helped put together this show and made the poster and Facebook event page. It's gonna be a good time and it's Pay What You Can so come support some great Surf and have a drink with The Big Derboski!


If you haven't gotten a chance to listen to WOO Dunnit? I'll highly recommend that you check it out. Unfortunately, it is no longer on the soundcloud page but I have uploaded it to Mixcloud and you can listen to it there!


WOOOO!! I'll see you hodads next full moon if I don't see ya at The Great Lakes Surf Battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment